Granite Worktops Reading is the top provider of quartz and also granite kitchen worktops based in Reading.
Granite worktops are a very fashionable addition to your kitchen. Granite is neat, handy and very stylish. Granite is an ingenious rock formed when molten volcanic stone cools naturally under high pressure. The resulting stone is hard and very sturdy. In fact, it is second only to diamond when it comes to hardness.
This quality is perhaps the reason why granite is mostly used in worktop areas that need elegance and sturdiness in one. Granite has been used in kitchens, bathrooms, bar tops, fire places, walls etc.
It is no doubt that granite looks elegant and strikingly attractive. The most aesthetically unique nature of granite is the numerous range of natural colours and pattern that can blend in practically any kitchen cabinet and interior.
We have different shades of grey, green, black and blue that you can choose from. Apart from the elegance and physical appearance of granite, some other advantages are;
- Price: granite is relatively expensive when compared to alternatives. However, granite is known to add value to homes. Second, since the slab lasts for decades, the long run cost of granite is worth the pricing.
- Quality: when properly installed, granite slabs are resistant to chemicals, scratches stains and are anti-bacterial. This is achieved by installing a sealant after the granite has been polished. Re-sealing should be done every 2-3 years depending on the usage.
- Appearance: there are dozens of colours and patterns to choose from. If you want to re-do your kitchen, you will have a dozen colours to choose from that will match your existing fixtures.
Granite Worktops In Reading Pricing
It is not a secret, granite does not come cheap. When compared to other countertop materials, granite is fairly more expensive. Nevertheless, we strive to make it as cheap as possible. Several factors come into play when deciding the price of installation of granite worktop.
- The grade of granite: we have four grades of granite: closeout/clearance, builder’s grade, premium and designer. Clearance granite is pretty basic and thus it is the cheapest. Builders’ grade granite is slight better than clearance grade but it is not as good as closeout. Premium and designer grades are the most expensive. They are often used in custom jobs where slabs are fabricated specifically for the project.
- The complexity of the installation job: depending on your worktop, the labour costs will be different. The number of corners, seams and the type of edges are some of the factors that determine the labour costs. Curved counters with multiple seams and edges make it difficult to cut and thus are the costliest.
- The dealer and installer: the cheapest option is inarguably the cheapest option but it doesn’t necessarily make it the best. Professional installers might be expensive to install but it is definitely worth it since it is durable.
At SurfaceCo, we are passionate about providing quality granite worktops at an affordable price without the hassles and bustles that come attached.
For a long lasting and elegant looking granite worktops, why not get in touch today and ask for a price quotation.
|SURFACECO Unit 7A, Nimrod Industrial Estate Nimrod Way Berkshire RG2 0EB|
|Telephone: 0800 050 2579 (Freephone) 0333 322 0204 (Mobile)|