If you’re thinking of going for a granite bathroom worktop surface, you will probably already know that the choice is quite wide in terms of colour, pattern, and finish. You will also probably have realised that this is a very popular choice too, so you can shop around for the best deals.
You might be on the fence however, because there are other options to throw into the mix, namely marble and quartz in the natural stone bracket.
If you need a little more persuasion however, let’s talk about the major advantages of choosing granite for your new bathroom worktop.
- Granite is strong and durable – This is the strongest natural stone there is, so you can be sure that your new worktop is going to last the test of time. Of course, nothing is 100% indestructible, but this is certainly a very long-lasting choice, and that means you’re not going to have to spend cash replacing it too soon.
- Granite is non-porous – Now this fact has an upside and a downside; the upside is that the non-porosity means that water is absorbed, and therefore your bathroom worktop is not going to have standing water on top of it. On the other side, remember that this means you’re going to have to seal it at least annually, to avoid damage from occurring.
- Granite is highly scratch, heat, and stain resistant – Again, it’s not 100% resistant in either direction, but it is extremely so and that means you have peace of mind that you don’t have to tip toe around your new surface. In bathrooms we tend to use hot styling tools for hair, and the fact that granite it not going to burn easily is a major plus point – use heat resistant pads just in case however.
- Granite is available in many different colours, patterns, and finishes – Each of the choices before you will be wonderfully natural in appearance, but you do have a wide choice at the same time. You can easily find something which will go with your current décor, or something which is going to survive several redecorations after its installation.
- Granite is widely available, so you can shop around for the best deals – Be sure to do your shopping carefully, and check out all options before you part with any cash. It’s also a good idea to check out colours in person in a showroom, rather than simply relying on an Internet picture, and also shop during traditional sale times, e.g. Black Friday or New Year.
- Granite looks fantastic – This is an obvious one, but granite looks the part, especially in a bathroom, which has nature as its main theme! The neutral colours which granite is famous for really do look amazing in a bathroom, and when you factor in the types of light you’re going for, the overall appearance is going to be a winning one.
As you can see, the advantages of granite are huge. Of course, you should weigh up the pros and cons of your options before you make the jump, but certainly bear in mind just how advantageous a granite work surface is in your bathroom. Remember that you need to seal your work surface at least annually, and always mop up any spillages as they happen, to reduce the chances of anything adverse from occurring.
|SURFACECO Unit 7A, Nimrod Industrial Estate Nimrod Way Berkshire RG2 0EB|
|Telephone: 0800 050 2579 (Freephone) 0333 322 0204 (Mobile)|